Friday, April 8, 2011

clinicals

Today was my first real day of clinicals. I went to an actual care facility. got report from the nurses. followed a nurse around all day. did a physical assessment on my patient. passed medication to my patient. gave my patient an insulin injection (which by the way is terrifying to do.) wrote a care plan on this patient. that is a joke, it takes like 7 hours to complete the whole thing. awful. just awful. got hit on by way too many confused but cute little old men. It really was a great day. I finally feel like I'm actually in nursing school. These are the stories you hear about from other people. Care plans, no sleep, tons of homework, no social life, knowing more about your classmates than you would ever like to know, late night study sessions, red bull and chocolate becoming your new diet...I'm dreading all of that and at the same time I'm so excited for it! I can't wait for next semester, I have Labor and Delivery and Med Surg! Awesome.

Jen, Brooke, me, Devon at the VA

2 comments:

  1. Leah! You are so offical now! I love it!! :) Jessie Linford and I were talking last night about how much we miss you!!!!! I need to see you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete