Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools

I decided that since this was our first year being married I needed to play a really good April Fools joke on Brad. i thought and thought of what I could do and what scares Brad most of all...then a light bulb came on and I realized that Brad is terrified out of his mind of me getting pregnant right now. Its not that we don't want kids, we do. We are just not anywhere near ready to take on the responsibility of another human right now. So I asked my dear sweet sister Courtney, who just happens to be pregnant, if she would kindly pee on a stick for me. She did and on Friday morning I left Brad a positive pregnancy test in the bathroom! I sent him a text message with a picture of the test and told him I was too scared to tell him in person. Right away he didn't believe me. He kept telling me that this was just a joke and I couldn't really be pregnant. I kept on pretending and trying to convince him. Finally he walked out of his class and called me on the phone. Anyone who knows me knows that I am terrible at keeping a straight face while a joke is being played and Brad can always tell if I'm tricking him. I played it off really well on the phone, and luckily he couldn't see my face because I was smiling the whole time. I had a really nervous tone of voice and I just kept asking him what we were going to do. Finally he believed me. He got really quiet for a few minutes and took a few really big deep breaths. He stuttered some words and I really thought he might cry. :) It was the best april fools joke ever. He was so mad at me, which made it even better! Then we decided to play the joke on my family. Some believed it more than others, but I'm pleased with my joke and the way it turned out. I thought it was hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good one. I almost died when I opened your blog and all I saw was that picture!

    ReplyDelete