Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baby GIRL Fortuna

That's right, Brad and I are having a GIRL! We are so so excited! We found out on April 1st...it was a little difficult convincing people that this is the real deal and not an April Fool's joke. We are so grateful that we get to be the parents to a precious little girl. It will be so fun because my sister in law just had a baby girl in March and my other sister in law is due with a baby girl in May, so she will have cousins her age to play with which will be so fun! Brad and I were both so sure that we would have a boy first, but as soon as we found out it was a girl it just seemed so perfect. The ultrasound said she was measuring 2 days ahead, but she was so wiggly that it's hard to tell for sure. Seriously, she was moving all around and every time we'd try to get a look at her heart or her face she would move away really quick. She must be like her mom and not like to be disturbed while sleeping ;) It was so cool to see her wiggle and squirm all over the place! They want to do another ultrasound to get a better look at her heart and brain just because she was such a wiggle worm. That is scheduled on April 29th. We are participating in a study that gets us 3 extra ultrasounds, so we actually have another one on April 11th. It is so amazing to get this many photos and chances to look at our beautiful daughter!
I have been so excited to make stuff now that we know the gender. I had 4 days off in a row right after we found out what we were having so I got started right away.
These are pacifier clips. I think they turned out so cute! And they are so easy to make.
Wooden flowers that I painted. She will have 2 purple and 1 pink that we'll hang up on her wall.
A burp cloth. This is not my best work, but I still think it turned out cute and she's just going to puke on it anyway :)
This is my favorite thing I have made for her so far! It is one of those swaddle blankets made out of that really thin gauze material. I just picked a stamp I like and some fabric ink and started stampin' away. I chose pink and grey elephants and I think it is the most adorable thing!
 
Today we bought the carseat!! It is still so crazy to me that we are having a baby and that we need a carseat of our very own!
We have the crib picked out
We have part of her room painted
We have her dresser and rocker - we just need to refinish them
 
Even with all this stuff done we still have so much to do! Working in the NICU really makes you want to get prepared fast...
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Aww! You guys are going to have a beautiful little girl! I love those pacifier clips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are way ahead of things! Let's hope your sisters still have something to make for your shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay!!!! I am so so excited!

    ReplyDelete