Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

This was our second Valentines day together, but our first Valentines day as a married couple. Brad did not disappoint. He made the most out of the few hours we had together and even though I didn't see him until 6 pm that day, he somehow made me feel special the entire day! Brad had school at 7:30 in the morning and then work until 6:00, and I had a test that morning and then school until 5:00, so we didn't have much time for activities. I attemted to make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast sunday morning, but I went through an entire batch of batter and not one single pancake turned out like a heart. (no surprise there) so instead I stayed up late and I decorated our bathroom with cut out hearts that had reasons why I love him written on them. I thought it was pretty cute and I think it was a very nice surprise to wake up to, especially that early. I got home from school and walked into our bedroom to find 2 dozen BEAUTIFUL pink and red roses laying on our bed, with a very simple, but very perfect note. I was so surprised and flowers are my very favorite thing to get! :) Brad made reservations at Asian Star (if you haven't been there, you are definitely missing out) he tricked me into thinking we were going all these other places, and I had no idea. I LoVe chinese food, so I was very happy. My favorite part of the day was after dinner. Brad planned this whole elaborate scavenger hunt for me. I absolutely love things like this. He left me clues that took us to all the big/cute places that got us where we are now. The first clue said "It was here we found one of your new favorite shows, what really made the experience was the first time my lips touched yours" This clue was at his house, and it was where we had our first kiss. :) The next clue said, "Here at this bench overlooking the clouded skies, I asked you a question that watered your eyes. A creep was in a bush, another in a house, but the best part of all was when you agreed to be my spouse." This spot was at the Draper temple where he asked me to marry him. The creep is referring to his dad and sister who were hiding out taking pictures of the whole thing. Clue number 3 said, "The next stop on your journey is this, October 5th 2010 where you said Forever I'm His." :) This spot was at the Salt Lake Temple, where we got married. It was hiding on the steps where we took our pictures. We had to break a few rules and hop a few fences on the temple grounds to find that little beauty, but it was all worth it! The final clue said, "The surprise you've been searching for is closer than you thought, It's been all the places we have, just find the right spot." It was hiding in the back of his trunk the entire time, he is so clever! This little game made me cry multiple times, and Brad gets great satisfaction when I cry from his surprises, that's his goal with all his big gifts. :) It was a perfect Valentines Day and I'm so glad that I was able to spend it with the person who knows me best and treats me like a princess every single day. Thanks Brad, it was amazing...just like you!































1 comment: