Thursday, December 30, 2010

Waterfall

A few weeks ago Bradley and I walked into our house and saw this in our back bedroom


















Our roof was not just leaking, it really was a full on waterfall in our house! One of the pipes upstairs froze outside and they're remodeling the upstairs and I guess when they turn on just the right hose, it leaks gallons of water into our home. So we rented a steam cleaner and Brad sucked out about 5 gallons of water out of our carpet. Literally. And then we rented one of those huge fans and pulled up the carpet and turned on the fan and left if for about 3 days. You'd think we'd be really upset about all of this, but there was just so much water that it was kind of funny. Just kind of. Then about 4 days after we returned the fan...it happened again! So we repeated everything. The fan is currently blowing and we're hoping to start out January waterfall free.


The other day Nikki, my very best friend from elementary school was back in town for 3 days only. I haven't seen her in about 6 years. She moved away in 2nd grade but would come back to Utah each year for a few weeks in the summer and every other Christmas. As we got older and our schedules got busier we saw each other less and less when she came. Eventually we just stopped talking, not by choice, but life just happens that way. We started talking again after I got engaged because I wanted to let her know I was getting married. She couldn't make it out here for our wedding because of school but we continued talking and making plans for December when she did come. She made it out here and we made plans to go to lunch. I was actually kind of nervous because it had been so long since I had seen her or talked to her, I was worried it would be weird, but she was the exact same! It was like we never even stopped talking. It's so amazing to have friends like that. I'm really lucky to have her as a best friend after all these years!

Best Friends reunited

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh. Cute Brad and Leah. Thanks for keeping us update. I have you that keeps us updated for the Chambers side and my sister who keeps us updated for the Nelson side. So keep it up...I mean it!! No pressure. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete