Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our First Christmas

This year was our first Christmas together, and it was amazing! We thought it would be crazy trying to be everywhere but it really wasn't. I had to work on Christmas Eve but lucky for me I got sent home early! Poor Brad thought he had to spend Christmas Eve wifeless, so he was very happy to see me. We got ready and decided it would be fun to walk around Gateway and see all the crazy people who left shopping to the very last minute. We got hot chocolate and strolled around downtown. Then we went to our cousins Christmas pageant and to dinner at the Grandparents house. It's so fun getting to spend time with people you don't see that often. After all of that goodness, we went to my parents house and spent the night. We woke up Christmas morning bright and early to a phone call from Brad's very best friend who is on a mission in Argentina. He was so happy to talk to him, he couldn't stop smiling! We opened up our presents with my family and had time for a quick shower and then it was time to go to the Fortuna household. We had a delicious Christmas breakfast and then opened some more presents. After this Brad was so anxious and excited to have our own Christmas, so we went back to our house and opened up gifts from each other. Brad is such a sweetheart and got me a GPS for my car! I've been wanting one forever and now I finally have one! :)  After our Christmas together we went back to my parents house for a few more hours, and then back to his parents house where we spent the night. We have wonderful families and it was so fun to be able to spend 2 full days making memories with everyone! After all, that's what Christmas is really all about.

Our matching pajamas


















My brother and his wife also had matching pajamas


















Christmas morning!




























My favorite gift from Bradley















Bradley's favorite gift from me. (don't know why it wont rotate)














Brad started his new job this week. He's loving it so far! However, we are not loving our conflicting schedules. This week I work the 3-11 shift and Brad is working from 9-5. So he wakes up and goes to work and I don't see him until I get off around 11:30. It's been hard since we had 3 days of pure bliss where we were practically joined at the hip. But we're grateful that we both have jobs right now, even if it means we don't see each other.

First day at work. Isn't he so handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment