Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dirty Girls Have More Fun

On Saturday my sister Melinda and I ran the dirty dash! It was our second time doing it, and this year it was even more muddy than last year! :) It is 6 miles of running up and down a mountain, through mud, over obstacles and through a giant, disgusting, muddy, smelly river. Some of the obstacles included a rope climb over a giant mud hill, crawling through barrels, jumping over hay stacks, climbing over walls, weaving over and under poles, running through tires, and a giant rope net you had to climb up and down. It was so much fun and we can't wait to do it again next year with everyone! Thanks to cute Brad for coming all the way out to Heber to watch us run and take pictures! :)
Our shoes!
I gave away my old running shoes after the race last year, so I had to go buy some $10 keds to run in this year, because  I didn't want ruin my actual running shoes. The keds worked a lot better than I thought. They even had more grip than my sisters 8 year old running shoes :)


Before the race! It was our other sister Courtney's birthday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEY!


dirty girls DO have more fun


Running toward the filthy finish




dirty dash round two: Completed!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this with me again this year! It was SO much fun and I'm already looking foward to next year. Bring on the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I don't like to run but just the fun of getting dirty would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude that looks SOOOO FUN!! i totally wanna do it!

    ReplyDelete