Monday, August 30, 2010

The Olive Theory

The other day someone was asking me to explain in one sentence why I love Bradley. About a million reasons popped into my head but that would have required more than one sentence to explain. So I chose the sentence that I thought best described him using the fewest amount of words.
"He really is my other half"
As cheesy as that is, it really is true. From this sentence we found the Olive Theory. Another way of saying "opposites attract"
There really are so many things in life that I don't like and he does and that creates the perfect balance between us as a couple.
***
I hate driving and he loves it
I love pickles and he hates them
He likes to wake up early and I love to nap
I hate math and he likes it more than I do
I hate spiders and he enjoys killing them
He likes to fix things, and I don't necessarily like to break things, but I always end up breaking stuff
He likes to go to work and make money, I like to go to the mall and spend money
He's always warm and I'm always cold, so he warms me up and I cool him down
He's very patient and understanding, I'm not so much
I'm a planner and he's very spontaneous



There are probably a hundred or more examples I could list off, but I won't. I am just grateful for Bradley and I'm grateful that he likes things that I don't, so I don't have to kill spiders. I'm grateful that I like things that he doesn't so I can have 2 pickles instead of 1. And I'm grateful that we like doing the same activities so that I never have to go to the gym by myself ever again! It's so amazing to take a step back and look at your life and realize that you've found who you're supposed to be with because that person fills in all the gaps that you were missing all your life. 


Love you babe!






1 comment:

  1. Leah, you are SOOO cute. I loved reading that. I am so glad Brad is gonna be in the family. You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete