Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to school...

The time has finally come, school has started and that means summer is officially over. Bradley started the fall semester at the U today, he worked all day and then endured 2 dreaded hours of pre calc. What a champ! I am so so glad that I picked a career that thankfully doesn't require me to take that wretched class. But he can handle it so it's a good thing he's taking it and not me. I don't start school until Friday so I have a few more days of summer, although with everyone else starting school today, it sure doesn't feel like summer anymore.While I am sad beyond words that our wonderful summer has come to an end, I am so excited for the upcoming season. I love love love the fall weather. The leaves changing colors. The cool crisp mornings and the smell it brings. The first day of school. The yucky spiders that go away, or freeze to death. There is just something so perfect about Autumn and I love it! I love Halloween and I can't wait to put up all our decorations. I can't wait to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I am excited to go to a pumpkin patch and pick the best pumpkin of the bunch and carve it. I'm excited to watch all the trick or treaters and see their creative costumes. I'm excited to go to the fair. There are just so many exciting things in the fall. I'm grateful for the seasons and the changes they bring. I have had an amazing summer with Bradley, here is a list of my favorite activities of summer 2010, just to name a few.
*all the amazing trips
*sleeping downtown with the girls
*Tim McGraw
*lava lava luau
*raging waters
*the bees game
*motorcycle rides
*sugar house park
*sleepovers with friends
*the many many weddings we've attended this summer
*the aquarium
*bbq's
and so much more!
















We ended the summer the right way...at a bees game of course! They lost, but it was still so fun.















This giant pile is all mine...for just one semester. Nursing school may be the death of me.




















Isn't he handsome!?! And boy does he look good in this tux!! So glad we finally found the perfect one.


Lasagna is one of Bradley's favorite meals, so I figured if I want to be a good wife, I better learn how to make his favorite meal. My sister spent a whole day teaching me how to make this noodly goodness. The finished product turned out better than expected. I even surprised myself. Thanks Melinda :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your comment about the spiders going away or freezing to death!
    And I was more than happy to help you make lasagna. We can have another cooking day any time you want. :)

    ReplyDelete