Monday, June 28, 2010

NURSING SCHOOL, HERE I COME!!















Today is definitely up there on my list of best days ever! I woke up this morning and I was feeling pretty great, the sun was shining, I got to sleep in, and I could hear birds chirping outside, I knew today was going to be a good day! I got up and checked my email to see if there was anything from nursing school, just like I've done all day everyday for the past 2 months. Seriously, I had become obsessed with checking my email...it was actually kind of pathetic. Just like every other day there wasn't anything good, so I went about my morning. Not even 20 minutes later did I get a call from the hospital telling me I got accepted to the program!! I was SO excited! I actually screamed on the phone when she told me congratulations! It was the best phone call I think I have ever received! I have never in my whole life been so excited to start school!
This program is what one might want to call "AWESOME" It's through Salt Lake Community College and the University of Utah hospital. You have to be an employee at the hospital to apply. They only take 30 students every year so it's pretty competitive. But all the hard work is definitely worth it because...its FREE! I have to sign a contract with the hospital and commit to working there full time for 3 years after I graduate and in return, they pay for all my schooling! I could not be more excited! I'm glad the stress of waiting is finally over, and I'm VERY glad that all that waiting ended with a Congratulations instead of the alternative. 2010 is turning out to be the BEST year ever! Getting engaged, finishing my first triathalon, all the fun trips, getting into nursing school, a new nephew coming in August, the wedding in October...I honestly don't think there is anything that could make this year better! Bradley and I have been very blessed and we are very grateful for everything that we have :) We are especially grateful at this time for FREE school! Only 2 more months until it starts! I can't wait to get those blue nursing school scrubs with the patch labeled "Salt Lake Community Nursing Program"

3 comments: