Friday, May 28, 2010

The Simple Things

Brad and I have been trying to register for all the wonderful household essentials that we'll need when we finally get married. It's been a slow journey. It's so hard to find a time when both of us can spend 3 or 4 hours scanning gifts that we hope to receive. In this process we have talked a lot about where we're going to live, how big our first home is going to be and what kind of things we want to put in it. At first all I wanted was a cute little basement apartment that had one or two bedrooms and a bathroom. As we went looking at apartments we saw some really nice ones with things that I thought I had to have, such as brand new kitchens, a fireplace, a big walk in closet, a balcony overlooking some bird filled pond (I don't even like birds) but suddenly I wasn't so excited about the basement apartment anymore. To make matters worse it seems like all of our married friends are buying condos or townhouses or actual homes! And while I am very very VERY excited for all of them, it makes me feel like we should be buying a condo or a townhouse or an actual home. and poor Brad is wondering where the girl who was so excited about a basement apartment went. Well don't worry babe, I haven't gone anywhere. :) I was laying in bed last night and I realized that we have our whole life to be home owners, and only now will we get to live in a crowded apartment that is so small the bathroom is practically in the kitchen. I realize that this crowded apartment will get really old really fast and I'll probably complain about the size everyday until we move out, but I know once we find something bigger I'll look back and wish life could go back to the days when we lived in a tiny crowded one bedroom apartment with the bathroom practically in the kitchen. And I learned a fun little fact: office tables have 400 times more bacteria than toilet seats! So it is actually cleaner to eat on the toilet seat rather than an office desk. That is so GROSS! So while we may not have the most spacious home, at least we'll be healthy because our toilet seat is our kitchen chair! :) No, hopefully our apartment isn't THAT small. But this whole house hunting process has reminded me that it really is the SIMPLE THINGS that make life beautiful! You can't always have exactly what you want when you want it, but if you can learn to make the best out of what you have you'll always be happy! :)

Today I was getting my hair cut and I was looking at the bridal magazines my hair lady handed to me (I'm so excited that I can actually look through those with a purpose now!) :) and I turned the page and there in the middle of this wonderful bride magazine was...MY WEDDING DRESS! I was so excited! I jumped out of the chair and said, "Look, this is my dress, it's in a magazine!!" I was like a little kid with all of my excitement! Just another example of SIMPLE THINGS making life wonderful! :)


Yes, this is the Liahona magazine, and yes, I did put it on our blog...


...because, we're in it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment