Monday, August 15, 2011

Lake Powell

We just got back from a 4 day boating trip to Lake Powell. It was so much fun, and a much needed vacation full of relaxation. We went with our friends Kacen and Tanya, Scott and Megan, Jeremy, Taylor and Vince. I've only been to Lake Powell 2 or 3 other times in my life, and this was the first time I have ever camped out on the beach. It was so fun, but I now understand what people mean when they say you can't escape the heat. It was SO HOT, but such a blast! We played on the boat, did some swimming, cliff jumping, roasted hot dogs, made delicious tin foil dinners, and we just relaxed and hung out with our friends! On the first day there I put my camera in a cup holder on the boat, and that cup holder just happened to be full of water. :(  So my camera was out of commission for basically the entire trip. I was not very happy about it. Luckily I was able to take a few pictures before I broke it and we have such good friends who documented the trip for us. Brad and the boys just love to "one up" each other and so gradually the cliffs they were jumping from got higher, and higher, and higher...and eventually  Brad and Kacen ended up jumping off a 65 ft high cliff! Tanya and I tried our hardest to stop them, but boys will be boys I guess. I honestly thought we were going to have to take them to the hospital if they jumped, luckily no one was hurt. After the other boys saw that Brad and Kacen lived through that experience, they decided they needed to jump too. It was quite the experience to say the least. Brad impressed me yet again with his knee boarding skills, and he even taught me to do a 360 on the knee board! :) This trip was full of fun fun memories...here are a few of my favorite
*Laying underneath the stars with B and watching for shooting stars
*We were sitting in a little cove trying to catch a fish and Megan and Tanya were leaning over the boat looking into the water for fish, and Brad swam under the boat and jumped out of the water and scared them both :)
*Our friend Jeremy didn't bring any sunscreen on this trip. Instead he brought a bottle of tanning lotion and coco butter. Needless to say he is fried like a lobster.
*Brad's mermaid impression
*Wishing we had an anchor the whole week and on the last day, a few hours before we packed up we found one :)
*Jeremy jumping off the back of the boat going 35-40 mph.
*Diving lessons and 360 lessons with Bradley bug.

The last pictures on my camera before it died...



Jeremy: The boy who brought tanning oil instead of sunscreen :)

One of the smaller cliffs Brad jumped from


Summer love :)



1 comment:

  1. i LOVE powell. love it. and as deathly hot as it is camping on the beach its also so beautiful and peaceful. star gazing at night is so pretty you can't even properly descrrbe the prettiness. its as if the world is full of broken cameras. yours, mine, mandi's. so devestating. but really, i am way sad about it all. hope yours can be fixed!

    ReplyDelete