Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A day in maternal newborn

I'm in the middle of my OB rotations for school and let me just say it is AMAZING! Last week I went to Maternal newborn and it honestly was like living a dream. It has always been my dream to work on the baby unit when I become a nurse. Whether its delivering babies, taking care of moms and babies, or nursing those sick babies in the nicu, it doesn't matter to me :) I showed up for my shift and got started right away. My preceptor and I had a patient who delivered vaginally and a patient who had a c-section. I got to remove the staples from the incision, I got to give a baby his very first bath, I helped new moms breast feed, and I held babies in the nursery. It was such a wonderful day! I wish I could work there everyday, it really doesn't even feel like work. Next week I'm on labor and delivery and I am so excited for that! This is the best part of nursing school! :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree--it totally doesn't even feel like work! Love those mamas and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you got to work with your awesome friend! ;) Kind of!

    ReplyDelete