Friday, September 24, 2010

License to wed

We got it! On Wednesday we went to the County Building and got our marriage license! It was so fun to sign papers and do all these official things. We wrote our new address on the papers so they can mail our license to our official Fortuna residence. It was great! We had an exciting experience while we were there, this cute couple decided to get "married" there so they could get a better deal on insurance and all that good stuff. They're having a ceremony next summer, but to make this marriage of theirs legal they needed two witnesses, and guess who they chose?? Me and Brad of course! We were the only obvious choice :) So they took us back into a little room and the four of us got to know each other, and then the lady who was helping us with our license no more than 5 minutes before all of this happened, comes in dressed in a black robe and has her notebook with the vows and stuff in it, and she acts like she hasn't ever seen us before. She said, "Oh hello, you must be the witnesses." Well obviously we're the witnesses...you brought us back here, duhhhh. She was funny. Anyway they just stood at the front of this little room and held hands and read some vows, said some magic words, signed a few papers, we signed a few papers, they sealed it with a kiss and bam, just like that they were married. Congrats Troy and Julia! I'm glad our signatures are on your marriage license for the rest of your life :)



BUCKET LIST:
The whole being a witness thing I thought was pretty awesome. I mean how often in your life do you get to be a legal witness for someones wedding...someone you don't even know?? I thought it was a good thing to be able to cross off my bucket list. Although that was never actually one of the things on my bucket list, I think it should have been, and now I can cross it off :) Here are some things that are actually on my bucket list, things that I really want to do before I die.
* Do humanitarian work in a foreign country
* Take a hot air balloon ride
* Complete a half iron man...maybe, hopefully.
* Get married in the temple (I get to mark that one off in 11 short days) :)
* Have a family
* Serve a couples mission
* Graduate nursing school
* Visit all 50 states
* Visit all the temples in the U.S
* Visit Ireland and/or Sweden
* Go on a cruise
Hopefully over the next half century I can mark some of these off. A half century feels like a life time away but I hear 50 years goes faster than you think, so I better get working on these. Anyone who wants to take me on a hot air balloon ride, to Ireland and/or Sweden, on a road trip across the U.S. or on a cruise, just let me know, I'd be happy to keep you company :)

3 comments:

  1. I want to visit all the Temples in the US too! But there are a bunch I want to visit outside of the the US as well! =) I am so excited for your wedding! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously leah? why did in ever know about your adorable blog? i'm officially a stalker. cannot wait to see wedding pictures. i already know you will look beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete